LEED Consulting | North Georgia Technical College, Athens, GA
BMA Designs served as the LEED consultant on the Hoyt Coe Classroom Renovation Project at North Georgia Technical College. The project was completed in 2011 and encompassed 30,000 sqft. Smith Dalia served as the architect and RG Williams Construction was the contractor.
- The project fell under the USGBC New Construction Version 2009 LEED System and achieved Silver Certification Level.
- Achieved an 85% construction waste diversion, meaning 85% of construction waste generated on site was diverted from the landfill and recycled.
- 62% mark of regional materials, meaning that of the total material costs for the project, 62% were regional. LEED defines a regional building material or product to be extracted, harvested, or recovered--as well as manufactured--within 500 miles of the project site.
- Materials with a recycled content that constituted 37% based on cost of the total value of the materials used in the project. This number is most impressive.
- In progress images show protected stored on-site and installed absorptive materials from moisture damage, protected on-site AHU Units, ductwork, supply and return grills. Superb housekeeping practices documented.
To learn more about LEED consulting, click here.